Monday, November 12, 2012

Animaljam Lesson #2 Scammers

Scammers, we all know 'em. They usually prowl around Jamaa Township, looking for their next rare victims. Have I ever been scammed? Yes, I have. Multiple times actually. If you see a Scammer, report them immediately and tell your buddies. Nobody wants their rares taken away!


The Bribing Scam
As you enter Jamaa Township, you may see a few Jammers dancing around saying, "Come to my den for a restaurant!" or "Come to my den if you like me!" But then you see a Jammer saying, "Send me a Spike and you get a rare prize!"
Now, the first thing that goes through your head is, "Wow! I have a spike and I might get a rare prize if I send this person the spike!"
Okay, REMOVE THOSE THOUGHTS FROM YOUR HEAD! Your encountering a Scammer, and a pretty pathetic one too.
Most Jammers don't fall for this but others, weeell, they send them the rare.
And they wonder why they don't get their prize.
They get all upset and yell at the Scammer to give him the prize. The most common response is, I didn't get it.
Report this jammer. He is taking rares away from innocent Jammers and it's not fair.

Okay, so I have told you about the most easiest Scammers to avoid but then theres other Scammers that can be VERY tricky. Here are some of the trickiest Scammers that can easily fool a Jammer.

The "Make you feel bad" Scam
So say your walking around with your gray glove and nonmember wings on. This Jammer (The Scammer) walks up to you and asks what you want for your items.
What you would say is, "Sorry, not for trade."
The Scammer would act all upset and walk away, close enough for you to still see him/her.
They "sigh" and say that they will never be as good as the other Jammers, who have a plentiful rares. He/she says that they will never be as good as their buddies.
You see, the trick here is that the Scammer wants you to feel bad for them. They want you to give them your rares to make them as good as their friends.
DON'T.
I have fallen for this kind of trick plenty of times. I have learned to avoid this scam and help out other Jammers.
Never fall for this. You will end up regretting it later when the Scammer runs off with your nonmember wings.


The Contest Scam
Your taking a nice stroll around Jamaa Township when you see this one Jammer dancing around and saying, "Contest in my den!" So, you go to there den.
You win the contest and the owner of the den says, "Send me your glove, top hat, etc. and I will give you a worn blanket code!"
Don't fall for this!
There is no such thing as a worn code and a I doubt there ever Will be one.
The best question to ask this Scammer is..
"If you know the worn code, then why don't you have a worn?"
This will catch the Scammer COMPLETELY  off guard and they won't know what to say.
Keep on asking them more questions and they will soon leave their den.
Never be tricked by the Contest Scammer!


The Dating Scam
So, you go to a den where some Jammer says, "Go to my den if you like me!" *Cough Cough! You shouldn't be dating on Animaljam anyway! *Cough Cough*
Theres a bunch of people there and the owner of the den comes back.
They suddenly pick you and ask everyone else to leave. When everyone has left, the Scamming Jammer will say something like this,
"If you want to keep on dating me, you'll have to send me one of your rares."
Now, I have no idea why you guys would be dating someone on AJ but if so, leave the den and delete that person as a buddy.
No questions, just leave the den.
That, as you obviously can see, is a total trick. They'll leave with your rare and you might not ever see them again!



Now, if you DO get scammed, report to AJHQ right away! They may or may not be able to fix the problem :D
You can email AJHQ and who knows? Who may just get your rares back!


1 comment:

  1. I HATE scammers! Glad you made a post about it.
    I'm always trying to stop them.
    -Lpiggy

    ReplyDelete

Hiya Jammers! Here are the rules of commenting.....
1. NEVER share your personal info. If I see this it will be deleted.
2. No inappropreiate language.
3.You may post your blog on here if you would like
4. NEVER EVER say anything offensive or you will be banned from commenting FOREVER!!!

Have a Jamtastic Day!

Enter text in the box to turn it into rainbows.